Friday, March 18, 2011

Trunki - a travel must have!


In preparation for our flight to Hawaii we got Lucas a Melissa & Doug Trunki! During his art class on Saturday morning I spotted a pile of these adorable little travel cases in the corner of the store and immediately fell in love. The shop owner told me that everyone who’s purchased one couldn’t stop ranting and raving about them, so I just had to test one out for myself!

We got the orange tiger colored one, Sunny! Lucas pulled it through the airport on his own and he never let it leave his side. It was absolutely adorable. Not only did it let him feel like a big boy, it made us pretty dang popular. I was stopped in the hall, in the restroom, and even on the plane by people wanting to know about it. I should be paid to promote this thing!

It was the perfect size for storing toys, books, blankets, and all of the other things we wanted to bring on the plane for Lucas. And best of all? It fit underneath the seats! Talk about a perfect flying companion for a toddler!

For those of you that are curious…Lucas did AMAZING on the plane! We kept him up until 10:00p.m. and then woke him up shortly after 1 when our taxi arrived to pick us up. And boy was he excited to ride in a taxi! Our flight departed at 2:30 and he was passed out shortly after we took off. It was a 3 hour flight and he didn’t wake up until we landed. We then had a short layover in Seattle that gave us just enough time for a pancake breakfast at Chili’s! We then loaded onto our next flight. When the announcer told us our estimated 5hr and 45minute flight time my heart nearly stopped. But would you believe it? Lucas feel back asleep 20minutes into the flight and woke up just a few minutes before we began our decent into Hawaii! I would have never believed in my wildest dreams that he would have slept through both flights, but I am so thankful that he did!

It turns out that we didn’t even get to open up his trunki once on the plane to play, but I’m still happy we bought it! We still have two flights to catch before we return home and I’d be pushing it if we expected him to sleep through both of those as well. I loved having a tiny little luggage piece specifically for all of his toys!

No comments: