Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Potty Weekend


Levi and I didn't really plan on making this last weekend our "intense potty training weekend," but that's exactly what it turned into. Lucas turned 2.5 last month and our ultimate goal is to have him successfully using the potty before his baby brother makes his debut in just a little over two months. I am a realistic person and understand that even if we get him trained there is a great chance that he will revert with the new baby. That's just what happens. But I went into this journey with an open mind and and no large expectations. I think that's the most important thing you can do for your own sanity. I've heard that potty training is the most challenging activity you conquer as a parent and it will test your patience time and time again. Here's to hoping it isn't entirely stressful and unproductive this time around.

After Lucas woke up on Saturday morning Levi changed his diaper and decided to put on a pair of underwear. I'll admit that I was a little shocked and wasn't sure if I was ready for the struggle ahead. We brought him into the bathroom nearly every hour and turned potty time into story time, which is one of his favorite activities. He would pick the book and we would head into the bathroom to sit. At the end of the day we had 2 successes and 3 accidents. We had put him in a diaper for nap, but the moment he woke up he asked to have his underwear back on. He obviously likes them! We started off to a great start and I was thankful that Lucas wasn't resisting this new process as much as I believed he would.

On Sunday we didn't have as much of a success. We woke in the morning to find that our vehicles had been broken into and Levi's cell phone had been stolen. It was kind of a frazzled day and we were both a bit frustrated about the entire ordeal. I think this had an affect on Lucas because he had only 1 success and nearly 5 accidents. We had errands to run in the morning and although I was extremely nervous leaving him in his undies in public...there were no accidents at that time! We came home to try and he pee'd while walking into the bathroom. After nap was just accident after accident and he really seemed to have lost interest. He pooped in his undies and after cleaning up that disgusting mess he insisted on putting a diaper back on. I think that stressed him out a bit and he really didn't want to try again.

As you can imagine I was a little hesitant on starting this all over again on Monday...especially having two additional toddlers for the day. But Lucas definitely surprised me! When he woke up I asked him to try and use the potty and he immediately said no. He was walking around the house holding himself and so I figured he had already gone in his diaper and just let it be. But he finally told me that he wanted to go potty, so off we headed to the bathroom. He sat down, smiled at me and said, "I'm going!"

He had been holding it the entire time and actually went on his own! Ten minutes later I hear him yelling "Yay, I went potty again!" I was in the living room and had no idea that he had even gone back into the bathroom on his own! I was amazed!

Not even 15 minutes later he ran back in to go for a third time! I don't know if he just wasn't going entirely each time and still had more, but he ended up going three times in a half hour time frame. But he initiated all of them and was successful each time so mama was a happy woman!

We decided to go the sticker reward route because he is quite obsessed with pirates and dinosaurs these days. He really enjoys earning a sticker each time he goes and can't wait for his next one. I've juggled back and forth between the bare bottom and loose pants vs. undies and loose pants and he seems to do the same both ways. The well known 3-day method out there claims you should wait for three months of bare bottoms before putting underwear on, but Lucas really likes picking out which pair to wear. Each kid is unique and I think we are just going to stick with this way of doing things for now and see how he does.

Like I mentioned before, I have no unrealistic expectations for this journey. He's done well before and then reverted back, so I know that may be a hurdle we have to face again. But my goal is to make it enjoyable and not pressure him too much. I don't want him to feel bad if he has an accident, but I most certainly encourage going in the potty as a better alternative. I'd like him trained before baby, but if we can't get that down my second goal is to have him trained by his third birthday.

Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Sara and Michael said...

That is so awesome!! I'm so glad that Lucas seems to be taking to the training so well! It will be even better if he keeps it up after baby arrives. Fingers crossed!

Samantha said...

My Lucas also loves his underwear! It is so cute! It makes them look so grown up, doesn't it??!!

We have casually started here and there, but haven't kept with anything... probably should... ha

He was having naked time the other day and peed on the couch..... not fun. ;)

Alec said...


I would love to pull the front of your sons undies down and get him hard and then pull his penis skin back and expose his purple penis head and touch my tongue to the very tip of his penis head to see if he can handle it then I would gently squeeze just his penis head to see if he can handle pressure then I would see if he can provide me with his sweet little boy precum that is definitely going to be licked off and swallowed by me then he suddenly provides me with some of his sweet little boy precum that I licked up and he winced then I laid him down and pulled his undies off and covered his mouth and I pushed my penis into his bum and then I pulled out then I rolled him over again and he said you were really too big to fit in my bum then I said I am not to big to fit in to your sweet little boy bum I am going to force myself into you sweetie then I lubed his bum really well then I pushed my penis into his bum and then I said that’s it I am inside you now then I pulled him down and I started jerking his penis off then I pulled him off my penis and I said that’ was really amazing you were super tight then I pulled him down and I started licking his penis head off and I said your penis head is super gooey and yummy little one and I covered his mouth and jerked his penis off really fast until he started exploding his sweet and gooey little boy cum into my mouth and I swallowed every last drop and then I gently opened your son’s sweet soft little virgin mouth and I slid my penis into his mouth and exploded my cum into his mouth and then he started coughing and I said I love when little boys start coughing and my cum gets all over their mouth then he starts to get the hang of it he started swallowing all of my cum then he started licking his face off to get the rest of my cum that was on his face then I started licking his mouth then licked his smooth little boy stomach then laid him down and finished licking him off on his penis head then kissed him gently on his bum then boy balls then I kept jerking his penis off and he exploded his cum into my mouth and I swallowed every thing and cleaned his penis head off with his undies and kept his underwear and left