Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pure. Simple. Genuine. Love.



It had been a lonely week without Levi, and for the first time, Lucas had a very difficult time with his absence. He just adores his daddy and I was asked nearly 100 times where he was. Sad, I know. The night before Levi returned I told Lucas to grab his blankie and pillow and jump into mommy's bed. Boy was he excited!

As I laid next to him and leaned over to kiss his cheek, he whispered with the sweetest little voice and the sleepiest little squinted eyes...I love you mommy! My heart instantly melted and a tear quickly started to flow. As adults, love can often be crazy and complicated. But when a child is brought into the equation, what they feel for you is pure, simple and genuine love. You are the comfort that they so desperately need and the protector of all things bad. I am so blessed to be a mother to such a wonderful little boy and I truly love every day that I spend with him. Waking up next to his sleepy little face was the best way to start the day and it saddens me to know that he is growing up so quickly. I'm always amazed how one little person can change your life and become the greatest gift that you will ever receive. I love you Lucas!

(He always sleeps with an angry face, but the camera flash didn't help either!)

No comments: