I am thankful for:
1) A hard working husband that supports our family so that I may stay home with my boysHappy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy this day with your family and friends and don't forget to reflect back onto the things that you are thankful for.
2) My family - even though we may be far in distance, I cherish their relationships more than I can express
3) Free health care for all of my family members. I knew I married an Alaskan Native for a reason :)
4) Heat, so that we may keep warm during these long and chilly winter months
5) Great friends who can lift my spirits and give me company when I need it most
6) My fantastic sleeping 3-month son that only wakes briefly to nurse in the night. I appreciate the sleep!
7) The humorous things that come out of my toddler's mouth. Not a single day goes by that he doesn't make me giggle!
8) The opportunity to complete school earlier than anticipated...even if that has caused me lots of extra stress
9) To be a woman that has experienced pregnancy, birth, and raising my own children. I know some are not so fortunate
10) Convenient drive-thru banks that allow me to stay in my warm car without dragging two kiddos out into the snow
11) Nap time! Enough said.
12) Warm showers to rejuvenate my body and mind
13) Financial aid that has allowed me to further my education without financially burdening down my family
14) Second hand stores that allow me to buy perfectly good items for cheap!
15) Alaska PFD's. The annual payouts have allowed us to create a substantial savings account for our children (something very important to me as a parent)
16) Movies. They allow me and the hubby to wind down together at the end of a long day, and they also occupy Lucas when I need to hop through the shower or complete any important tasks.
17) To live in a time where informed decisions and availability of knowledge allowed me to have the birth of my dreams
18) Internet. I feel like the answers to almost anything are only a click away
19) To live in state where nature can be seen in its most beautiful form
20) Music. It has the power to lift up my spirits and create positive feelings and/or a happy atmosphere
21) Smiles from my children. They light up my life and remind me how blessed I truly am
22) My blog. It not only allows me to document my children's lives and vent my frustrations, but writing is my alone time for reflection
23) Airline miles. I have been able to return home a handful of times without any cost to myself
24) Babies! There will always be babies being born and that assures me that I chose a realistic and rewarding profession
25) To have worked out a childcare arrangement for my children that I am comfortable with and appreciative of
26) Lucas' preschool. They graciously accepted him early and that allowed him to create bonds and friendships with his classmates. It has also allowed him to grow into a more independent and confident child
27) For relatively happy and easy going children. When I think they are being difficult, I reflect on behaviors of others and remember how easy I have it most of the time
28) To be married to a handyman who can build/fix anything that I ask him to!
29) For recordable story books. Watching my children look through a book while listening to a familiar voice read to them is absolutely priceless...especially due to our distance.
30) To be a doula and be able to witness the beautiful journey of life as it unfolds before my eyes