Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Last Day of Preschool

I cannot believe that Lucas' first year of preschool is already over! Today we had a large party that included games, a magic show and an ice cream social. I'm so glad that I was able to participate before getting slammed with school again myself.


The classroom caterpillars that have been in their chrysalis' for the past few weeks finally hatched! What perfect timing, too. Lucas really enjoyed toting around the butterflies and showing them off to all of his friends. 


The magic show was a super hit! Lucas woke up this morning at 6am asking to go. He was really looking forward to it! It was put on by Magic By Robbie, one of the student's father. He did an amazing job and the children were in absolute awe the entire time. Lucas was asked to come up and help demonstrate a trick and was told that he had "magic pants." Robbie tied two handkerchiefs together and looped it through Lucas' belt loop. He then pulled on one end while another student pulled on the other. I about died laughing when they pulled the handkerchief right off his pants and everyone saw a pair of underwear tied in the middle! Lucas was so embarrassed and immediately looked in his pants to see if his underwear were still on. Levi and I honestly thought that he was about to start crying as he ran away. It was definitely a must see! I recorded it on my iPhone and then was informed that I didn't have enough memory left, so it couldn't be saved. I'm really bummed, but Levi and I will never forget the look of pure shock and embarrassment on our child's face! I doubt he'll ever volunteer for a magic show again.


He ended his final day running around the playground with his two best friends, Autumn and Jacob. I'm so happy that they are all continuing on next year in the 3-day class because they've all bonded so much over this past school year. Thankfully, the preschool organizes weekly play dates at various parks so that the children and families can all stay in contact.

I can't believe how much Lucas has grown and changed during this year. I've watched his imagination and creativity blossom, and his social skills surpass my expectations. He's no longer the quiet little boy I once knew. Coming into the preschool setting he was shy, standoffish, and merely and observer. Now, he jumps right on in to activities and fulfills many dramatic roles. He has become very independent and so confident in himself. He loves to sing and dance and has gained some pretty extensive knowledge! He's formed genuine friendships with a few of his classmates and he absolutely adores his wonderful teacher. We sure love ACP!

Now we've just got to figure out how to entertain this energetic child all summer long!

No comments: