Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Life with boys


I always wanted my first born to be a boy. Always. And after having Lucas I just knew that I wanted another. So here I am. A one woman wonder in a house full of testosterone.

So because I am a mom of boys, I suppose that means I'm doomed for a life of fart jokes and inappropriate penis gestures. It's already beginning and I can see this hole only getting deeper.

Lucas is at the age where he knows what is right and wrong, what is and is not appropriate to say, and what actions he is to refrain from in public. But when it comes to the comfort of his own home...he is all about making a funny.

He loves making people laugh and will say the funniest and most random stuff all the time. He is a total goober and he sure knows it! Sometimes I can't help but laugh at the things he says and does.

Lately, however, he has been making lots of references to his 'parts' and turning them into a joke. He ran out of the bathroom recently with the head of his little member sticking up above his undies. He was laughing hysterically and asked "aint that cool, mom?!" What could I do besides laugh?

I have always found myself laughing at inappropriate times and I just knew that it would come back to haunt me when I became a parent. I used to laugh at awful moments when I was younger, especially when one of my siblings got hurt or into trouble. Sometimes I just can't help the snickers, but I really need to make sure Lucas doesn't misinterpret. When he sees me laugh, he continues on with his funny behaviors. Yikes!

I've never really considered myself very feminine, nor would I say I'm a tom-boy. However, I think being surrounded by boys all the time is starting to push me more into the feminine side. Could also be my path to a professional career, but I really enjoy pampering myself these days. And of course it's making me wonder what my life would be like if we had a girl. Lucas is all about action, fighting, super heroes and cars, and I'm sure Levin will follow suit. It's amazing how they have gravitated to such toys/behaviors without much prompting from me. I know society places pressures on what is and what isn't gender acceptable, but I have never pushed nor followed true to that. Heck, Lucas' favorite color is pink! I love my boys and couldn't imagine my life any differently....but what if? 

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

Well then you would have one gorgeous little girl! Do it :)

Anonymous said...

I can definitely relate! LOL Boys are awesome, and gross, but so awesome! :)