Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fresh Flowers

I never realized until now just how much I truly love having fresh flowers in my home! I've always been content with fake ones because well, they just die anyways, right?

We watched our good friends' dog while they went to Hawaii, and they surprised us with a beautiful bouquet of Hawaiian flowers upon their return. I'm not exaggerating when I say this thing is gigantic - it is nearly as tall as Lucas when you include the stems!

Lucas has always loved to pick me flowers so we made a little tradition to pick our favorites any time we go on a walk. We had a huge patch of daisy's on the side of our home that needed to be picked before daddy mowed them over, so we found a cute little vase and went to town! Then we found some beautiful purple flowers on our way to the park to add in.

On my birthday a few days ago my mom and younger brother sent me this beautiful bouquet! I just love the colors!

And last but not least, my hubby (who is away in California at the time being) sent me these yellow and white daisy's for my birthday as well! It's nice to know that he pays attention and knows what my favorite flowers are!

I have a house full of fresh flowers and I just love the feel that it gives off. I think I'm officially addicted! Thankfully there are tons of fresh flowers here in the summer, otherwise I could see this new love of mine costing quite a pretty penny.

No comments: