Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Engagement Photos

Our friends Natalie and Iliana are getting married next August and we couldn't be more excited! They've been together for just shy of a decade and have an adorable almost-two year old little girl named Jude (who Lucas just adores these days!) We can't wait to celebrate their special day with them next year.

I have been helping Natalie gather cute wedding ideas and we are going wedding dress shopping this weekend! I'm pretty darn excited :)

So, I have no formal photography training, nor do I understand what half of the options are on my camera. To be honest, I didn't even know how to change out the lens until last weekend. But just because I don't know the proper terms or understand the lighting concepts, doesn't mean I can't take a great photograph.

I did the ladies' engagement photos and they turned out absolutely amazing! Their love truly shines through in these images. It was great seeing them together having fun and acting merely as a couple of lovers...not just parents. We all get so wrapped up in our children when we are together, but that isn't our only identity. We are made up of so much more than what motherhood entails. Seeing them together this day truly reminded me that.

So here were my favorites from the day! Aren't they just adorable together?!






*Feel free to click on the images to make them larger.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I LOVE THESE! I am seriously starting to wonder if there is anything you are not good at?! Great job!! They look so happy and in love :) Congrats to them! I love the railroad track pix and the one of the hat hiding the kiss. :)

Jacquie said...

Great job!