Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Family Date Night

With my husbands busy schedule and me constantly on the go, I feel like we never really get to just sit around and relax with each other much these days. Hubby texted me a few days ago asking me out on a sushi date (aww!) but it took nearly a week before we actually made it happen. We ended up going as a family instead, but I wouldn't have changed that one bit. There is a brand new sushi restaurant that just opened in town that has a revolving belt. I love this entire concept because you are free to sample lots of different rolls as opposed to ordering one large one. All in all, I think we actually saved money and we both left with nice full bellies that were even topped with cheesecake...yumm!

We can't get Lucas to eat the rolls themselves, but he loves his edemame and his fish eggs! The best part of the experience was watching and waiting for the food to roll around. Lucas kept his eye out for the soy beans and was so proud of himself for pulling them down on his own.

As we were driving home we happened to see Levi's uncle driving around the neighborhood on hubby's motorcycle. Pete is staying with us temporarily while he works with the guys, and boy has Lucas took a liking to him! Pete lives in New Mexico at the moment but is moving back to Kauai where we will be sure to visit again soon! Lucas has met him before, but now that they've bonded...he has turned into his little shadow. He loved watching Pete do wheelies down the street, too. As soon as we all pulled up into the driveway he asked Lucas if he wanted to go for a ride. I got nervous for a moment, but remembered that Pete's been riding bikes almost his entire life. If anyone should take Lucas out for his first ride, it should be him.

They only drove up and down the street once, but Lucas was grinning from ear to ear! To say that he loved it would be a complete understatement.

We put on our pj's and started The Lion King! We made a special trip to the store after nap for the movie because it was just released. I had a $5 off coupon that we had gotten inside of a Subway kids meal a while back, so I got my all time favorite Disney movie for a whopping $14.99. Score!

The boys even sat together for a whole 5 minutes watching the movie. Then the baby starting leaning on Lucas and he got annoyed. haha. I'm sure there's going to be lots of that in the future!

I sure love these boys of mine and I cherish the times when we get to enjoy fun family bonding. Lucas is growing so fast and I'm not ready to experience the same with Levin. As nice as a 'child-free' date with my husband would have been...I'm happy it turned into a family one!

No comments: