Tuesday, June 26, 2012

10 Months!


My oh my...it's about time to start the countdown until Levin's first birthday already! This year is flying by!

He is now 10 months old and getting wilder by the day! He continues to destroy our house every chance that he gets, and never fails to help himself to anything and everything. But now he knows when he's getting in to something that he shouldn't. He's started a new game where he will wait until we look and then throw everything around while giggling. He has quite the arm and will even play fetch with himself for a half hour at a time. It's also the same when he's sneaking back into one of the rooms. He'll patiently wait at the door until he makes eye contact. Then he races away as fast as his little body can crawl laughing the entire time. This is such a fun age!

As mobile as he has been for a bit it's no surprise that he's already trying out his next big leap...walking! He is getting really brave and has taken a few steps on several occasions. But right now what he's most comfortable doing is just standing around. I've seen him stand for upwards of about 30-40 seconds at a time. He's even getting comfortable enough that he can twist around while standing up. Walking is surely in the near future, but i'm not in any rush. Yes, I'll even admit that I've pushed him down a time or two. I love the crawling phase and want to get the most out of it!


I am so excited that it is summertime! We have been blessed with some gorgeous weather lately and you can sure believe that we've been taking advantage of it! This child LOVES the water! I wonder if being born into the water has created this effect because Lucas sure wasn't this intrigued at 10 months old.


One day was even a scortching 70 degrees so me and boys went and spent a few hours at the lake. I didn't expect Levin to be as adventurous as he was. But then again, I shouldn't be all that surprised. Apparently there's not much relaxing at the beach with this one...he couldn't sit still! He literally crawled along the shore line and even booked it straight out into the water. He could care less that the water was getting deeper and deeper! So I spent quite a while walking him outwards. Boy did he get mad when I tried to walk him back to shore though. Thanfully he realized fairly quickly that the sand was all that tasty. Quite the success if I do say so.


Although still not a huge fan of grass, he's doing much better. Like I said before, we've been spending lots of time outdoors. He is quite the little mimicker theese days, too. He loves to copy actions and repeat words and his newest favorite it clapping whenever somebody says "yay!"


He's even big enough to enjoy playing with some of the outdoor toys. Not to mention the nice little tan he has going on! I'm glad that he enjoys the outdoors so much. Nice way to tire him out!


Although he is mostly on the go, I can still get a few little cuddle sessions in with my little monster. Isn't this a great picture? It was taken by my little photographer, Lucas!


His verbal skills are really picking up and he is still a wonderful sleeper. His is also a great eater! This kid will eat just about anything I put in front of him, and will even beg like a dog if you're eating in his presence. He still only has two teeth, but we suspect the top ones are coming in soon.






1 comment:

Jacquie said...

OMG Lucas!!! That picture is sooooo good :)