Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Super Dad!


Not that we need a special holiday to celebrate how wonderful of a father Levi is, last weekend just so happened to be Father's Day... so we did just that!
I am continuously impressed at how amazing he is with our boys. I am beyond blessed to have him as my partner as we tackle this crazy little thing called parenthood. I can always trust that he will go above and beyond and put their best interests first. I couldn't have chosen a better daddy for my children. We are a great team, but we differ in just the right amount of aspects. My children are oh so lucky to have him!

If only all his old friends could see him now...he is 100% daddy. Poop changing, bath giving, story reading, bike riding, play fighting DAD! Seeing my three guys together just melts my heart. The boys obviously adore, love, and admire him. No one can break this bond!
So I did learn something very important this year....three year olds are awful at keeping secrets! I think next year Lucas may have to be kept out of the loop until the last possible minute. Levi walked in the door after work one evening and Lucas blurted out "tomorrow is going to be a very special day but I'm not allowed to tell you about it!" All night long he would reference to the gifts, but would also throw in the fact that Levi's not allowed to know. It was hilarious.

I got a few cute ideas off Pinterest and we went to work. We started off by making a card that was folded as a tee-shirt. Lucas loved doing this with me since he just recently discovered the wonderul art of origami.


Next we decided to make something special and surprise him with his all time favorite...fruit snacks! We covered a 6-pack case of root beer with scrapbook paper to match the tie on the card. I got some adorable print outs online and we got to work filling each bottle. This was also a difficult task to do with a three year old since many of the fruit snacks somehow made a detour into his mouth! Regardless, I think it turned out really cute.

Needless to say, the bottles didn't last very long. Levi is a true fruit snack addict.


We also made a picture of all of our hands together. I still love looking back at the handprint art piece we did for Levi's very first Father's Day in 2009. Baby hands are just too precious!


It's a little difficult to see in the picture because of the glare, but the scrapbook paper was really nice quality and has a bit of a shimmer to it. I am still pretty blown away at how similar the boys' hand sizes are. Levin is growing entirely too fast.

Overall, we had a really good day as a family. We went to Friday's for lunch and were surprised when we found out that children eat free on Sundays, Dads got a free slice of pie, and they had a $5 drink menu. Score! And the weather was gorgeous all day, too. It's not often that we get to spend an entire day together as family, but I'm happy we were able to on this occasion.

No comments: