Friday, June 8, 2012

Hazelwood Teething Necklace

Lucas was an awful teether. Each and every tooth popped up individually (never in a pair) and the process was long and painful....for everyone. Half of me thought that I deserved a break this time around, but then I slapped some sense into myself and decided that I shouldn't just sit around waiting on luck. Chances are I wouldn't get my way anyways.

I've heard many good things about teething necklaces but I was so stubborn and didn't want to put a necklace on my son. Period. Had I have had a girl I would have be more open to the idea, but it just wasn't something I saw as an option. This time however, my parenting has changed in many ways. I find myself more laxed, less cautious, and more open to new ideas/experiences. I guess that goes with living and learning!

So I did a little research and decided that it couldn't hurt to get one for Levin. I ordered mine from Tiny Teethers and it was here in about one week. We went with the grey and green beads in an attempt to have it look as masculine as possible. Many people chose to use the Amberwood, but I decided to go with a Hazelwood one for many reasons: it'll all organic and has various natural healing properties in addition to teething relief.

Hazelwood has the medicinal property to neutralize the body's acidity levels. Teething causes acidity levels to rise and results in pain, acidic drool/diaper rash, and even eczema. Unfortunately, Levin's poor skin was covered in eczema so I figured the hazelwood would be a win-win for us.

And what do you know...it worked! His skin has been clear (with a few minor areas) ever since we got the necklace. He has two teeth at the moment but I can tell more are on their way. He doesn't seem near as fussy as he was with the firsts and I have to admit that the necklace has totally grown on me. It gives him this hippy/hawaiian baby kind of look :)



No comments: