Wednesday, April 24, 2013

4 going on 16



Next month Lucas will reach the ripe old age of 4.5. I swear it feels like he just turned four and yet we're halfway onto 5 already. I really don't understand how this keeps happening faster each and every year.

Lucas is only a few weeks away from finishing up his second year of preschool. My oh my has this school year flown by. Unfortunately, he does not get to proceed onto Kindergarten like most of his friends. Being a November baby definitely has its disadvantages. Even though he is physically, mentally, and cognitively ready, I am okay with the notion of keeping him back one more year. I really don't want him to be the youngest of his friends as he progresses through school. Last to drive, last to work, etc. The thought of all that peer pressure and trouble making already stresses me out! Instead, we will wait one more year and he will instead be one of the oldest. His current teacher already mentioned that he is going to be one of the leaders of the preschool next year :)

He is full of attitude and sass, and lots of his own opinions. I cringe every time a smart/sarcastic comment comes out of his mouth because it honestly feels like the teenage years are upon us. But he is also the sweetest, most generous and loving child. He is a fantastic big brother (who takes credit for all of Levin's new accomplishments!) and can be the greatest helper when he wants to be.


He's very excited for summer and moving into a new house. I just purchased a groupon for a Karate class, but we're debating on what other activities to sign him up for. This summer will be very busy for me as I finish up my last semester, but I'm hoping to find something fun for him to do now that he's old enough to participate in many different extracurricular activities. .

Back in January he took a special trip to Hawaii alone with daddy. It was awful being away from him for two whole weeks but he had such a great time. He now wants to live by a beach..no surprise there. He sure loves his daddy!


Lucas loves to read books, play outside, and most of all be with friends. He isn't very interested in arts and crafts anymore and instead likes to play...hard. He loves to kung-fu, battle with his beyblades, and pretend he's an avatar with earth/water/fire bending powers. He's quite an active kid, but I've caught him meditating on a couple of occasions too!


But even though he's constantly trying to defeat or battle us, he genuinely loves to cuddle. He tells me at least five times every day that he loves me and begs for us all to join in on a family cuddle. He can be so sweet and I fear the day he'll no longer want to spend time with us.


No comments: