Sunday, March 4, 2012

6 Months!

My baby love is now SIX months old! Can't believe it's been half a year since I pulled him up from the water and looked into his eyes for the very first time. He's definitely not a helpless little blob anymore. At six months he's his own little person! And boy has this been a big month. So many amazing changes in our baby boy.

Levi and I are certain that he is going to be our troublemaker. He's such a happy and easy going baby, but MAN, this kid is into everything! Levin thinks that anything in sight belongs to him and that if anything is in arms distance...its free range. Take my laptop for example. Trying to type next to him is nearly impossible. Hence, his contribution: +--*8-+*/-+-r *

It's almost as if the six month mark was this huge milestone in itself. The morning of his half birthday I found him sitting up in his bed for the first time. We've had him in his sleeper until recently when we had to transfer him into the crib. When I walked in, Levin was sitting up and rocking the entire bed back and forth like a boat. All while giggling!

He's been doing a great job at soothing himself to sleep these days. That afternoon I put him down for nap and never heard a single peep. I figured he went straight to sleep but decide to take a peak anyways. Not only did he sit up in his sleeper, but he turned around and stood up! Talk about nearly giving me a heart attack.

He tries to talk and spends a good portion of the day babbling away. He is well aware of the word 'dada' and I listen to him say it nearly 500 times a day. Still patiently waiting for him to call out to me too!

He's also learned how to wave! He was trying to get his daddy's attention one day and sat waving repeatedly. Levi didn't look over so he blurted out "dada, hi!" I nearly died of amazement. We say hi to him repeatedly throughout the day and it was such a big moment to hear him repeat it back.

We haven't given him a large variety of solids, but he sure does love to eat! He's doing great at it too and we haven't come across anything he doesn't like just yet. He scarfs his food down so fast I wonder if he's even tasting it half the time. We also introduced him to a sippy cup of water and he really seems to like that too.

He is such a distracted nurser these days, too. It's nearly impossible to nurse if we're anywhere besides home because he's so intrigued with his surroundings. But even at home is sometimes a challenge. He loves to stick his feet in my face while he's eating or grab at my chin until I engage in play. What can I say though, I still love it!

I am truly impressed with his rate of cognitive development. Lucas was always a very advanced baby, but it seems that Levin is even surpassing him up. There are times when I feel like he knows exactly what I'm talking about. I like to ask him where various people/things are and he turns to them quite often.

Lucas has a night light in his room that projects the solar system onto the ceiling. Of course this is a huge hit with Levin, too. We've gone in there a few nights and sat looking at the pictures. Last night I turned the lights off in the living room to start getting everyone shifted into bedtime mode and Levin instantly looked up. I sat in amazement as he looked over the entire ceiling searching for the planets. The mere fact that he associated darkness with the lights was astonishing! I walked into Lucas room and his entire face lit up and he started kicking his legs in excitement. What a smart cookie he is!

He is very interested in making music these days, too! He loves to play on his little piano and drums, and is starting to catch on to the cause & effect of sounds.

As much as he loves his mommy and daddy, the way he looks at Lucas always melts my heart. He already wants everything that Lucas has and wants to be next to him at all times. He lights up the moment he sees him and laughs hysterically at the things that he does. Honestly, neither of us can get him to laugh the way Lucas does. He can make him laugh on demand and never fails to remind us. They truly do adore each other.

We decided to try out a bath with both the boys since Levin has been sitting for quite some time. Levi ended up hoping in too because there was no way that Levin was going to sit still. He loved being in the water and once he figured out how to splash there was no stopping him. He laughed hysterically almost the entire time and nearly cried because he couldn't stop laughing at Lucas. I'm glad they are able to experience fun activities together now that Levin is getting bigger.

Although he's not crawling, he sure is getting mobile. He is starting to scoot forward on his butt and continues to spin around everywhere. There have been a few incidences where I left him playing and came back to him in a different spot. I recently had him in the bathroom backed up against the tub and when I walked back in he was nearly standing up on Lucas' stool. I swear he's most mobile when I'm not looking!

I love this little man and all the different expressions that he makes. He is such a character and truly adds joy to this family!

No comments: