Saturday, March 17, 2012

Not so 'spring break'

It most certainly does not feel like spring, nor am I getting much of a break.

As of now, Anchorage's seasonal snow fall is at 129.4 inches. As you can imagine, that is a ton of snow! We are on our way to topping the charts for the snowiest season that this city has ever seen. The record sits at 132.6 back in the winter of 1954-1955 and we are only inches away from sliding into first place. I think this is pretty exciting and would love to be able to say that I survived one of Anchorage's craziest winters...but I am also so over snow! I have never seen so much and I am honestly tired of looking at it. It's the middle of march and I don't see any grass and green growth anywhere in our near future.

The above pictures was taken over a month ago so you can imagine how much more snow we truly have. My mailbox is literally almost buried now and we've had to continuously shovel our roof for fear that it may collapse.

And although this has been my 'break' from school, it's actually been more exhausting. Levi is out of town working, baby is sick, Lucas is on break too, and I have two exams to study for and a PowerPoint presentation to complete. I am getting nothing done here. Nothing. I literally have an exam the day I return, so this would never have been a break to begin with. Overall, being stranded and quarantined at home has made this a pretty difficult break for me. But at least my house is getting some got 'ol TLC. I clean when I'm stressed, as a distraction from school work, and when I get bored. It's nice to feel accomplished in at least one area.

Not to mention the number of problematic events I've been juggling. Why must everything go wrong while my husband is gone? I need a break from this break!

But on a happier note, I only have five more weeks of school this semester. Can you believe it? After these next few weeks I will be 1/5 of the way through nursing school and I finally get to start my clinicals! So anxious to found out which hospital I'll be working at!

No comments: