Monday, November 15, 2010

My Best Friend

I must say, I have the best friend a girl could ask for! Not only is she smart, beautiful, talented, and passionate, but she is the most caring individual that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! Hannah came into my life when we were just in Middle School, but she had made a lasting impact on me, and now onto my own little family.

Hannah is always doing something to amaze me and she is without a doubt one of the most influential people in my life. Moving away from my family and friends was difficult, but realizing that I would be raising my child without them was even harder. Hannah has never let the 3,500 miles between us stop her from having a relationship with my child. Lucas just received an amazing package in the mail...an original handmade Hannah Lenore birthday present!!



The present was an adorable dinosaur with the letter L on his body! There were also magnetic letters; U C A & S that attached onto his back. It was adorable, creative, and most of all...a big hit!(I must add, he slept with it that night!)



At first, Lucas pulled it out of the bag upside down and thought it was a boat.(which he was still pretty excited about!) But when he finally realized what is was, his entire face lit up! I wish that I was half as talented as Hannah!

Along with the present was an amazing card addressed to me. Reading it brought tears to my eyes and again reminded me how lucky I am to have her in my life. She is the one friend of mine that hasn't let the distance lessen our friendship, and most importantly to me...she adores my son.

I am so blessed to have her in my life and I'm really looking forward to watching her grow. She has traded in her dream of fashion design in New York to spend a year working on the Sewing and Reconciliation Project for Marginalized Women in Africa. She will be designing products for these women to make and sell as a means of survival for themselves and their families. The women of Amani Ya Juu have stolen her heart and I know this is exactly where she is meant to be! My best friend is going to change the lives of so many women and I cannot wait to see where God takes her from here.



Hannah, I love you so much and wish you all the love and support that you need to make this trip happen. You have been such a wonderful friend to me and always know exactly what to say when I need a shoulder to lean on. Lucas absolutely adores you and talks about you more than you know! Thank you for coming into my life and being the wonderful friend that you are. You are now, and will always be, my best friend!

1 comment:

Hannah Lenore said...

Awe Crystal! this means a lot to me. I love you guys so much and miss you alL! I am soo happy that Lucas likes his dino. I have showed everyone I can and watch the videos over and over again!