Thursday, January 13, 2011

Back to school.

I'm normally pretty excited about school, but this morning sickness nightmare has made getting through the day almost unbearable. And adding school back on top of everything isn't something I was prepared for. We tried to plan it so that I was in the second trimester as this semester started...but we all know that didn't work out.

Classes officially started on Monday and I am taking quite the intense load this spring. I am working to finish my Psychology minor and will be done doing so just in time for baby. I was fortunate enough to get each of my 4 courses online...but that sure doesn't mean they are any easier. I am currently taking a Philosophy course and three Psychology classes (Abnormal, Personality, and Human Relations). Two of my psych classes are upper division courses so this load would have been intense even if I weren't sick and busy being a mommy and caregiver.

On a quick education note, I decided against doing the Direct-Entry Midwife courses. Instead, I've decided to pursue the Certified Nurse Midwife option! As soon as I graduate from nursing school, I will embark on a two-year path to getting my Masters in Midwifery! There are a few schools that allow you to get your Master's online, but Levi is being overly supportive and is giving me free range to decide our living situation. We may just move out of state for me to work on this journey when the time comes.

And onto my little man!

I found some wonderful preschool books for Lucas at Target. Although they are rated for ages 3-5, he is doing wonderful!!


I think I've created a monster because all my child wants to do anymore is school work. He's come in to our room before the sun has risen on a few occasions yelling, "I want to do homework, please!"

He caught on so fast to these books and we completed one in just three days! The second one we are working on is a lot of fun and he loves finding the images to circle.

This was one of my favorite pages that we did recently. I just love the sloppy color work!


At least Lucas' homework is exciting! Mine is full of lots of reading and discussion board posts (which are quite annoying when everyone in my class writes as if they are still in high school). I'm happy to escape my busy load every day to help him. Wish us both luck!

2 comments:

Sara and Michael said...

That is absolutely amazing that Levi will support you if you guys need to move out of state to complete your new dream! You have a very good man there! :) I also do not envy you having to go through everything that you already do AND experiencing pregnancy symptoms! Yuck! You are one tough mama!

Nancy said...

You can do it Crystal!! If anyone can, it's you! I hope that you are feeling better very soon.

You have two great guys in your life! :) Lucas is so smart it is crazy! Before you know it he will be doing college work too! I really hope you all are doing great, and that you feel better soon.