Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Showing Already??

I can honestly say that this pregnancy has been quite different from my last. I expected to have reunited with my porcelain friend on a hourly basis by now, but I have been doing surprisingly well! I have been quite nauseous for the past few weeks, but have only had to run to throw up 4 times. I told myself that I just don't have time to deal with being sick...hopefully my body got the message. (Or at least part of it!)

On a wider note, I CANNOT button my pants. Seriously. This is absolutely crazy! I have a small protruding baby bump and my pants are nearly unwearable. I am only 6 weeks and 6 days (7 weeks tomorrow) and I didn't begin showing with Lucas until 12 weeks. It was as if a little bump decided to grace us with its presence this morning. As Levi was about to leave for work I caught him staring at me as I walked across the living room. He then commented on the noticeable belly, where I then replied..."it's too soon to be showing!!" His response? "I hope it's twins!"

Levi was pretty heart broken when he found out Lucas was a single baby and is really rooting for a duo this time around. I can't image carrying twins, let alone caring for two newborns with a toddler already. Oh. My. Goodness.

This was me at 12 weeks and 2 days with Lucas:


And this is me now at 6 weeks and 6 days:



Not much of a difference, huh? What's even scarier is that I started out at a lower pre-pregnancy weight this time around. When I said we were trying for two, I meant child number two...not two at once! Yikes...I'm nervous!

2 comments:

Hannah Lenore said...

Ah!! that is crazy! I hope you have twins!! that would be sooo awesome :) (maybe you can get the boy you want and the girl I want hehe)

Nancy said...

Aww!! Im excited for you! They say after the first pregnancy you show earlier. Twins would be difficult until you got into a routine but if anyone I know can do it, you can! :) Hope youre still feeling good!!