Friday, February 11, 2011

First Ultrasound!



I went in yesterday (at 12 weeks and 1 day) for our very first ultrasound of baby #2! When I mentioned to the lady that I was going for Nursing and then going to pursue my Master's in Midwifery...we hit it off instantly! We talked babies the entire time and she went above and beyond her required work for me. She had a lot of fun teaching me more about the scans and showing me how advanced ultrasounds are becoming these days. At a mere 12 weeks, we were able to see the babies brain matter and all four chamber of the heart beating away beautifully. She even offered to let me sit in with her with other clients if I'm interested, which of course...I AM! What can I say...babies are my thing too! :)

Levi was stuck on a delayed flight trying to return home and unfortunately missed this appointment. The lady was so sweet and snuck me a bunch of pictures and video on a disk to show him. And this wouldn't have been the perfect experience if I didn't brag about Lucas. He did FANTASTIC! He sat beside me the entire time reading and playing with his trains and taking a little bit of interest in the baby.The baby was extremely active and all over the place nearly the entire time. Not only did it jump around like a frog when poked, it's little arms and legs were flailing around everywhere. My favorite part was when Lucas said the baby was waving at him. Isn't that the sweetest thing?! He's going to make a wonderful big brother!

I mentioned that I've been cramping quite a bit the past few days but didn't stress too much because I was not bleeding. When doing the ultrasound she paused for a moment and showed me where my uterus was having a small contraction. It was kind of a scary moment and made me realize the importance of taking it easy. I've been on the go all week taking kids to play dates and the museum, and I think I'm pushing it a little too much. I was happy when the morning sickness let up, but that doesn't mean I need to jump back into everything right away. So here's my pledge to relax more and try to get the extra sleep I need! Baby looked absolutely perfect and healthy at this point. Can't wait to find out what we're having in about 6.5 weeks!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Awww how exciting!!! Baby looks beautiful! I hope youre following your pledge and take it easy :) Congrats again!!