Friday, February 4, 2011

Hawaii!!


We just booked our tickets for Hawaii and let me tell ya...I'm counting down the days! I have been juggling daycare, full time school and awful awful morning sickness for the last two months, so I think I'm entitled to a lovely break!

We will be staying in Hawaii for a whopping 17 days and then visiting Seattle for 3 days on our return home to visit family. I cannot wait! We will even be able to see some close friends of ours who will be vacationing in Hawaii during this same time! This may be our only opportunity to travel before the baby comes and the way I see it...we had better make the best of it!

On another great note, I am beginning to feel better! (YAY!) I am just a little over 11 weeks and I can tell the hormones are dwindling down. I even (successfully) made dinner for the first time last night. Now that's a huge accomplishment in my book! I figure the second trimester is the best time to travel anyways, so we'll be doing our vacationing when I'm from 15.5 weeks to 18.5 weeks. And best yet, we'll be able to find out the sex of the baby as soon as we return home!! Perfect timing if I do say so myself!

I was browsing back at pictures from our trip last year and I can't believe how tiny Lucas was. We went shortly after his 1st birthday...and he was a relatively new walker. He is going to LOVE Hawaii even more this time around. I can't wait to watch him running up and down the beach in search of shells. And now that's he's older I think I'll be more comfortable taking him out on the canoe to swim with dolphins! (Or at least be near them) It'll be quite a shock going from snow to beach...but I know it'll be a huge hit!

Sunshine, warmth, beach, sand, lava, dolphins, turtles, fish, avocados, pineapple...HERE WE COME!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wooooo hooooo!! Feeling better and a vacation!! I am both happy for you and jealous! Lol You sure have worked your butt off and more than deserve a break! Kids grow so dang fast, I just can't believe it myself!! :) Enjoy and I am very glad you are starting to feel better :)