Saturday, February 26, 2011

Anxious Brother

I just love how curious and gentle Lucas is when it comes to my belly. He fully comprehends that there's a baby inside and knows that it still has to grow bigger before it can come out! I caught him coloring on his doodle with the little girl I watch and he said "let's draw the baby in mommy's belly!" It was so sweet and absolutely melted my heart!

Yesterday Lucas came over, lifted up my shirt, and covered my belly with his personal blankie. He told me the baby needed to be warm...how could I argue with that?!

On more than on occasion he's lifted up my shirt out of the blue and shoved a stuffed animal next to it. Most often it's "baby moose wants to see the baby!" haha. And he really enjoyed listening to the heartbeat at my last two prenatal visits. He sure made my midwife laugh when he blurted out "I hear it!" Kids and their curiosity :)

I decided to snap a couple photos this evening while he was so intrigued by the belly. Plus, I got to play around with a new photo app instead of doing my school work. I'm so easily distracted!

Who would have imagined a two year old would be so sweet and gentle!


Listening for baby


Of course he had to grab his "doctor scope"


Apparently my belly button is "squishy"


My favorite...pure love!

3 comments:

Hannah Lenore said...

So sweet! Love the last photo sooo much!

Nancy said...

He is such a sweetie! My cousin is pregnant right now (due anyday) and Kyleigh is so excited for the baby to come. Any time that she sees something to do with a baby she says "That for baby Bookin" (baby Brooklyn). So cute!

Kait said...

SUCH a sweet story. This is way to cute. He's going to be a great big brother!