Friday, March 25, 2011

The big gender reveal!


We are just three days away from the big ultrasound and our fingers are crossed that it will reveal whether we will be welcoming another baby boy or a baby girl into this world. As the days approach I find myself getting more nervous than ever before. My mind is continually playing out scenarios of our little family a year from now and I can’t stop envisioning what our lives are truly going to be like. Will our home continue to be filled with dinosaurs, trains, and robots, or is it suddenly going to be overrun with the color pink?!

When we conceived Lucas I was 95% certain that he was a boy based on the timing. This time around we decided to actively try for another boy using the Shettle’s method. As much as I hate to admit that I have a preference, my heart is truly hoping for another little wee-wee on the screen! We both understand that the method we used is not absolutely certain and we accept that a baby girl may be in our very near future. I know that we will have whatever we are meant to and will love our new baby unconditionally. But unfortunately, the more I think into the topic I feel that I am going to be disappointed either way. I would love to raise a set of boys and give Lucas a baby brother, but I also feel that I may miss out on many important life situations if I do not have a daughter of my own. A friend of mine created a list of pros to having each gender and I decided this is something that I need to do for myself as well.

Pro’s to having another boy:

•Lucas will have a brother
•Our home is already over run with boy toys
•We have plenty of clothes ready to be worn again
•Levi would have another little man at his side
•We have an agreed upon name (we think!)
•Boys aren’t as much drama as girls in the teenage years
•We already know that we make a handsome and intelligent boy

Pro’s to having a girl:

•She will have a protective big brother!
•Our lives will be forever changed
•We will experience the opposite spectrum of raising a child
•The estrogen levels in my home will be even with the testosterone
•I will be able to experience the girly events later in life- prom, wedding, etc.
•I will gain a pedicure partner
•Potty training will be easier (so they say)
•I’m interested to see the hold a girl would have over Levi

Regardless of what we find out on Monday, I already love this baby and can’t wait to welcome it into our family. Lucas talks about this baby more than I imagined he would and I know that he is going to make a fantastic big brother. We are blessed to be able to extend our family and whatever gender this baby turns out to be…it’ll be a perfect fit into the Cecil family!

No comments: