Monday, April 25, 2011

Dying Eggs!

We went on a mini Easter egg hunt Saturday morning at Park & Play, one of the local indoor play areas. It was over in nearly five minutes, but Lucas had a great time! He found 13 eggs on his own and was very proud of his accomplishment! And even more excited when he discovered the candy hiding in each egg :)

That night, I hard boiled some eggs and we dyed them together as a family. Lucas thoroughly enjoyed this! He was very intrigued with the tablets that changed the water...

He watched as daddy carefully placed an egg into the green cup.

Of course, he insisted on trying that too. Look at that focus!

He also decided that the eggs needed to be stirred while we waited.

I didn't get a picture of the final product until Easter was over, but he is very excited to have colorful eggs in our fridge. The question now...will he actually eat them?!


I hope everybody had a wonderful Easter with their loved ones! We got a nice surprise Skype call from Hannah over in Africa, and then had a FaceTime call session with my mom and brothers. I am so thankful that technology allows me to see my family and friends on the holidays!

Showing Hannah his Easter egg!

No comments: