Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mom's Visit

My mom and youngest brother, Cameron, just left yesterday after visiting us in Alaska. They got to come up for 11 days and spend lots of quality time with my family!

The last time they came up to visit was when Lucas was two weeks old. My mom really loved being able to see Levin at the same age. Even she agrees that he looks just like his big brother!

I had a million and one things that I wanted to do with them, but getting out of the house in the mornings always proved to be a hassle. It is very difficult when your entire day has to revolve around a nursing baby, but we did manage to explore quite a bit.

One a rainy morning we hit up an indoor park and the kids had an absolute blast!

I took them to the Imaginarium at the Alaska Museum and the boys got to explore all things science and visit the Alaska exhibit upstairs.

We tested out a new bounce house place called Pump it Up and got super lucky...we had the entire place to ourselves! It sure wore the older boys out, and Levin seemed to enjoy himself too!

We still made sure to attend Lucas' preschool on Tuesday and Thursday. His teacher was kind enough to let my mom and Cameron tag along.

We took a road trip down to Seward to visit the Alaska Sea Life Center. We had so much fun, especially playing with the Sea Lion. It absolutely LOVED the boys and we had quite the audience around us!

On our drive back to town we stopped at the Wildlife Conservation Center to see all the animals. Although it was raining a bit, we saw so much! I love this place because you can drive or walk through it and there is always so much going on!

We got to go on Lucas' very first field trip to Pyrah's Pioneer Peak Farm in the valley. The kids got to go on a tractor hay ride and then pick veggies to take home. Instant hit! The boys gathered snap peas, potatoes and then had a struggle digging up some carrots.

We met up with some close friends and took all the kids out to the Bear's Tooth Theater to watch Cars 2. It was such a cute movie and the kids did fantastic! I also found out that this was Cameron's first time ever in a theater. I love this particular theater because you place your food order and they delivery it to you as the previews begin. Such a kid friendly way to watch movies together as a family!

And of course we couldn't let them leave without a trip to the Alaska Zoo. We have quite a different selection of animals here than back in California, so both my mom and brother truly enjoyed it.

And our final activity together was participating in Trick or Treat in the Heat. This is an annual charity event that allows the kids to experience an early Halloween before the snow. Our boys both picked out Firemen costumes and they were all over the free candy...as you can probably imagine.

It was a fun trip that of course went by far too fast. I know they both enjoyed themselves and really soaked in the beautiful fall scenery that we have at the moment. My family is hoping to make it down to California before the end of the year, so fingers crossed that it all works out!

1 comment:

Strolling Along said...

So glad I got caught up on your birth story and last month or so of your blog! Lady you are kicking but and have such strong and great words to share for other mothers. I enjoy it. My life is fairly stressful right now but like you say just hang in there and it will all work out. The new home has been demanding but wonderful and Veona is always eager to learn more and more everyday!! I yearn for the fall and am excited for school to end in December as well. My Business Law class is a big stressor on me but we shall see. Have a great week lady hope to talk to you soon!!
Janelle