Wednesday, January 25, 2012

5 Months!

Oh my, Levin is now FIVE months old! Really? Already? How on earth did this happen? How is half of his first year almost already gone?

A little delayed, but I finally made it in for his well-baby checkup. I forgot the exact numbers but he is still somewhere in the 18 lb mark, and is 26 inches in length. Doc said he was still hanging out in the 90th percentile range for weight and 75ish for height.

So what's new? Well, he is now sitting up on his own! I think all that extra chunkiness helps him in that department.

He is also (finally) taking a bottle semi-well. Daddy has had to administer quite a few since I've begun school and he is getting much better at the process. Apparently he does not like to lay down. The only way he'll drink it is if he's sitting upright. He's a stubborn one already.

He is also spinning around and rolling over like crazy! I usually lay him on his tummy on a blanket surrounded by toys, and he spins around to play with them all. I've even seen him spin a full 360 in less than a minute. Pretty impressive!

He wants to crawl so darn bad, but he's still got to figure out the whole arm and leg coordination part. But that sure doesn't stop him from trying!

He is more verbal than ever and babbles his little heart out...particularly when he's sleepy and fighting to stay awake!

I'm certain he's still teething with all the drooling and chewing he's been doing, but we have yet to meet the little tooth. Lucas didn't get his first until 8.5months, so we shall see.

He still loves his jumper and car seat, but is no longer a fan of the swing. He's also taken interest in the Baby Einstein video's, so we plan to make them more of a routine. I think they made a tremendous impact on Lucas' development and I know Levin would benefit from them just the same.

One of my favorite physical features about him (besides his eyes and adorable smile!) is his fuzzy little head! I can't believe how fast his hair is growing. He honestly has more hair now than Lucas had at a year. Insane! But it's so incredibly soft and Levi and I both find ourselves rubbing our cheeks all over his head. Sounds funny when I type that out, but believe me...you would too!

I guess I'd better start planning something exciting for his half birthday next month!

No comments: