Monday, January 9, 2012

4.5 Months

The 23rd of this month snuck up on me and I didn't get to blog with all of the holiday commotion. But my baby Levin is now a whopping 4.5 months old and surprising me each and every day.

Talk about one happy baby! Levin is almost always sporting a smile and is so attentive to the world around him. He's beginning to recognize certain individuals and even reach for me when he wants picked up. Melts my heart each and every time!

Levin is quite the chunk still, too! He weighs in at 18lbs 4oz and is 26 inches in length. I had to bring out the 9 months clothing when we returned home. My goodness! But I love his chunky/squishy little self. Perfect for keeping me warm!

He is now grabbing and pulling on absolutely everything in sight. Apparently he thinks every item belongs to him and must go straight into the mouth! (It also seems that he is beginning to teeth too...poor guy). He loves to stand up tall and be as involved as possible. He's definitely not content laying on the floor by himself anymore.

He is so incredibly verbal these days and I love listening to him babble! He wakes up in the happiest mood and just chats up a storm until I grab him. This is a huge difference from Lucas who still wakes up grumpy to this day! It's hilarious watching/listening to him talk to Rori too. She's so great with him.

Levin is a super jumper! He absolutely loves to be in his bouncing toy going a million miles a minute. He bounces for the longest time. He's even jumped himself to sleep on a few occasions...

Since beginning to teeth, his sleeping patterns have taken a turn for the worse. He is no longer sleeping well at night and seems to be in a lot of discomfort.

But I still adore watching him sleep. It's such a beautiful sight!

He is still not taking a bottle well and honestly doesn't nurse much. It's a surprise to me that he's as chunky as he is. His coordination is astonishing and I have witnessed him turn his teethers around prior to chewing on them. He sure is developing fast!

Although he says 'dada' about 500 times a day, he did say 'mama' once! I know he was just babbling, but I'm counting it!

No comments: