Saturday, January 28, 2012

Maximus


With the start of school and my insanely busy life, we decided that it was time to find Maximus a home that could better care for him. This was an extremely hard decision to come by and it took me a long time to actually follow through with it. But I am confident that he is being well cared for and in an environment more fitting with his personality.

After advertising, I spoke with a number of interested parties and I believe I found him a great fit. He is now the center of attention and able to live the quiet and happy life that he so much deserves. Between his depressed state in the winter and the dogs who never seemed to leave him alone, Maximus seemed unhappy. Having children has lowered his status on the family totum pole, and it wasn't fair for him to receive as little attention as he did.

Maximus was just a teeny tiny kitten when Levi and I got him and now he is 6 years old. He was the first pet we got together as a couple, so giving him away was harder than I expected. I feel like he has been with us since the infancy of our relationship and a part of our expanding family. I hate that he had to take the back burner to our dogs and our kids and I constantly felt guilty for not interacting with him more.

Lucas had a hard time when the new family came to pick him up and he cried that he missed him for a few days following. But I've checked in to see how the transition was coming and they told me he is happy and adjusting very well. They sent me a picture of him playing with his new toys and informed me that he was renamed to Lucifer!

No matter where he is, he will always be my Maximus. I already miss his obnoxious water obsession and middle of the night meowing. But I know that this situation is all for the best. Max is happy and getting plenty of lovin'...and that's the most important part of all.

1 comment:

Chelsea Miller said...

:( i miss you Maximus prime... luifer is a nice fit ;) haha