Sunday, January 22, 2012

Unprompted affection

I absolutely relish in the moments that my boys interact with each other, but lately I've been so warmed by witnessing a number of acts with entirely unprompted affection from me. Nothing warms my heart more than watching them reach out for each other to hold hands for a few seconds. The moments don't always last long, but the passion behind them live on forever. And not to mention they make me one happy and proud mama!

I've listened to Lucas read stories to his baby brother...all of his own doing. And I've even listened in to his conversations over the baby monitor. I love watching the bond between them strengthen each and every day and I am so thankful that they will have each other to lean on as they grow.

Just yesterday I heard Lucas say, "watch this Levin. I'm gonna teach you tricks for you to do when you get bigger!" I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing! Levin is so observant and intrigued by everything that his big brother does. Merely seeing Lucas causes him to smile!

Lucas even begged me not to put Levin down for nap this morning. When I questioned why, I half expected something along the lines of him not wanting to play quiet, or a desire for us to go somewhere. But nope...he said that he'll miss him too much. Super sweet!

I know there is going to be lots of sibling rivalry and jealousy as they age, but I have no doubt in my mind that they are going to be close. Their bond is apparent in so many ways already and I can't wait to watch it strengthen.

5 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Hi Crystal! Not sure if you remember me much from high school, but a friend told me about your blog (I'm a blogger too, or at least trying to be, lol) and I have really enjoyed reading yours! This post in particular, I love these moments also between my two. They are the sweetest. Sometimes it amazes me the connection that they have at such a young and innocent age. I LOVE IT! :) Anyway, take care!

Crystal said...

Hi! I hope this doesn't sound rude, but I can't figure out who you are! Your blog is 'invitation only' and I can't see any of your information. Can you send me an invite?? How does it work? I went to two highschools? Which one did you attend? Would love to follow another mama :)

Mrs. O said...

Oh, sorry...lol. I didnt realize it was private. I'll have to shut that off. I'm not sure how invites work, I'm still sort of new to blogging. I went to Mesa Verde, I was in the same class as Levi, actually. Maiden name was Roberts. :)

Crystal said...

Yay, you figured it out! I just read your entire blog. lol. I'm your newest follower :) I couldn't tell from your profile pictures, but I remember who you are now! I tried to send you a personal message, but I can't seem to figure it out. Your kids are adorable and I look forward to ready your life story!

Just out of curiosity, who's the friend that told you about my blog?? I've had a number of people tell me recently that they read it and i'm always like "Seriously? YOU read MY blog? Wow!" haha. I started it just for my family and friends back home, but I've kept it up for ME! I love going back and reading older posts and seeing how my children have grown :)

Mrs. O said...

Yay! I know, it's easy to read because it's so short, lol. Oh and it was Brittany Kehrer. We were talking about L&D and she told me about your home birth, which I loved reading about and found so fascinating. I've been doing a lot of reading/researching on home birth. I admire the fact that you get to be a part of so many others special day too! Lucky you!