Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Obsessed.

Children are funny...when they find something that they like they become absolutely obsessed with it. I remember how my younger brother would watch the same movie for weeks on end. Lucas is definitely in that same boat!

Thank goodness there are three different Toy Story movies. Seriously. If not, I would probably lose my mind. (Although to be honest, I don't like him watching the third one because it's too dark..and pretty creepy.) Goodness, as I'm sitting here typing Lucas literally just woke from nap and came to ask if he could watch it. Obsessed I tell you!

I probably shouldn't have told everyone that he liked it so much because he got an insane amount of Toy Story games, books, and figurines for his birthday. But I barely saw him for days afterwards. He was far too busy playing with his new stuff!

Ever since his party I have heard almost nothing but Toy Story references. I decided to make a note in my phone and secretly jot down each time I heard him quote something familiar. Here goes:

*Not today, Zurg!
*To infinity and Beyond!
*Look, I'm Picasso!
*Were you scared? Tell me honestly.
*Run like the wind, Bullseye!
*This is not flying...it's falling with style!
*Ohh my little sweet potato!
*There's a snake in my boot!
*You're my favorite deputy.
*Woody's roundup!
*Nice big Andy's room welcome!
*A stranger from the outside. Oooh!
*The claw!

He's covered in tattoos, too. So if you were wondering, yes, that is indeed a Toy Story tattoo on his forehead. I must have gotten so used to it because I took him to preschool and didn't even realize it was still there! When I picked him up his teacher told me that it was a total hit with the whole class. Apparently all of the kids liked his little green three-eyed alien! And he calls them "smoozies" for some reason?? Maybe I missed that scene...

Last week I was raiding the local used kid store for a larger winter coat and Lucas spotted a Toy Story jacket in the bundle. Thank goodness it was his size because there was absolutely NO persuading him on any other option at that point. His mind was set!

And he even runs around the house singing "You've got a friend in me!"

Obsessed, obsessed, obsessed!

His giant talking Buzz says a bunch of quotes, but my favorite of them all is "where there's danger...there's a space ranger!" If you know my son's middle name then you'll understand why it fits so well :)

4 comments:

Jacquie said...

Perfect quote for him. How cute! And this is the perfect movie to be obsessed with. Yay!

Samantha said...

Which movies out of the three is his favorite?

Crystal said...

The second! He loves Zurg and the whole woody's roundup crew. He tells me that Sid is a mean boy when he watches the first. Lol. The second is by far the most kid-friendly of them all anyways so I'm glad that his favorite.

Aymanduh said...

This reminds me of the toy Brian had, the dinosaur that you pushed the button on the back "Did I scare you, tell me honestly". lol I love it :)