Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pirate Parrrrty!


On Sunday, we had Lucas' 3rd birthday party...pirate style! We rented out a newer bounce place in town called Pump it Up and the kids got to run wild and do what they do best. It was an absolute blast and Lucas had such a great time. The timing was perfect too because the kiddos were all exhausted by the end and napped wonderfully for their parents. A total success in my book!

I searched online for invitation wording and nothing truly caught my interest. So I combined some together and created this:

Shiver me timbers, Lucas is turning 3!

Ahoy me mateys! Ye be invited to Captain Lucas’ pirate party! Chart yer course for Pump it Up and come dressed in yer pirate best! Join our crew where all the swashbuckling and jumping fun will be found!

Arrrr you coming to the party? RSVP…or walk the plank!

Lucas absolutely loves pirates so I had been planning this party for quite some time. Thanks to the lovely Pinterest (my newest addiction) I was able to find lots of cute ideas and inspirations. There were a lot of stipulations on the food aspect of the party and we were only allowed to bring fruit/veggies, chips/crackers, and cake/cupcake. So I had to get creative!

I made funfetti sailboat cupcakes (vanilla for Lucas and chocolate for me!) along with cookies topped with gold coins!

For the fruit platters we made orange sailboats and watermelon sharks filled with grapes! Hubby did a great job carving them out!

I also had a bowl of goldfish and of course, Pirate booties! I think it all came together perfectly!

I feel very blessed to have made such great friends here and for the connections we've recently made with other families in his preschool. Lucas was shown nothing but love and was showered in gifts. Thank you to all that made this day so special for my big boy...I still cannot believe he is THREE!

2 comments:

Chelsea Miller said...

thank god for pinterest! its such a good mommy site :) the fruit and cupcakes look all so cool! good job mama!

Aymanduh said...

I wish I was there, it looks like he had a blast!