Wednesday, November 23, 2011

3 Months

Three months already! I honestly can't believe it. I've decided that I am going to do a quick write up on the 23rd of each month so that I can remember what my little man was doing and be able to document how much he changes over his first year. So here goes:

Levin now weights 16lbs 8.5oz (95th percentile) and is 24in long (75th percentile). He gained two pounds and two inches in one short month. He sure is a chunk! I've already had to clear out the closet a number of times, but at the moment he fits into 6 month baby wear.

He is more attentive than ever! He is already grabbing for toys and entertaining himself with small items. I love catching him gnawing on the dangling toys from his play mat and his car seat.

He enjoys sitting in his bumbo (thank you, Chelsea!) and watching all of the happenings in the house. He's very observant and takes interest in everything that we do...cooking, dishes, eating, etc. I don't think we're going to be able to use this seat for much longer though because those chunky thighs of his are starting to get into the way. Just this morning I had to wedge him down into it and nearly had to wrestle him out!


He is such a cheeser, too! He is almost always smiling and trying to get my attention. In fact, he loves any attention that he can get. If anyone tries to say hello, he lights up instantly! His smile is to die for and the little tongue always pops out when he grins. Lucas did the exact same thing as a baby, too!

Levi and I debated back and forth whether he was big enough for his jumper, and he proved me right! I can't believe how big he is and that he can support his body in this thing. He doesn't quite understand the concept of jumping just yet, but he's becoming a pro at swinging and twisting himself around. Yeah, definitely the size of an average 6 monther!

Levin is also a wonderful sleeper. He takes 3 naps during the day, and only wakes one to two times at night. He is pretty predictable and sticks to his routine well. Although the naps may vary a tad, he wakes up at the same time every morning with a huge diaper explosion. At least he's regular, right?!

He still nurses regularly, enjoys showers, and loves to be worn. He instantly falls asleep once he's in the car seat and is quite the wiggle worm. I think he'll be rolling over here before too long!

I've heard a number of mothers claim that their second babies grew faster (or at least the time flew by faster) and I have to completely agree with that statement. I feel like he's becoming more and more independent by the day and although I love to watch him develop, I'd be fine with a little blob for a while longer :)

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

Such a good idea! And wow, I can't believe he is wearing 6 months already. Aw I love his tongue smiles:)