Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Bath vs. Shower

Sometimes I think there is something seriously wrong with my children. What kid doesn't like to take a bath? Both of mine apparently.

When Levi was out of town, the bathing job got pushed back onto me. During my pregnancy I didn't have the energy to lean over the tub. Not to mention how difficult such a task gets with a big belly in the way. The boys started showering together and it was so convenient on everyone that we just kept it up. It turned into fun time and they would both disappear for a good 30-minutes. I couldn't complain!

Lucas went through a phase where he was terrified of the tub. I try to give him some slack since he was born in Alaska and swimming isn't something that he does often. But Levin? He was born in water! What's his deal?

When Lucas was a few months old his nurse suggested that he shower with daddy on occasion to promote bonding. It worked well and he seemed to enjoy it. So we decided to do the same with Levin. And what do you know...he loved it too!

He didn't fuss one bit and was actually smiling during half of it. He was accidentally squirted in the face with the shower head multiple times and that didn't seem to phase him at all.

So there you have it...both of my boys are showerers. Maybe things will change once Levin is old enough to sit and they can actually play together. But until then, daddy is on shower duty. And that's just fine by me!

No comments: