Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Reunited

I am so happy to have my husband back...and so are the boys. But I sure have some strong empathy for those without support now. Being a single mom is downright exhausting!

Between the hustle and bustle of the kids, the house, meals, preschool, and the large to-do list I'm trying to complete before school begins, my body honestly feels like jello. I rarely got more than an hour to myself and my attention was literally focused on the boys from the moment we woke, to the moment they slept...and then even times in between. Although it would have been nice to focus on some of my own things after they both went to bed, I just didn't have the energy. Instead, I went right on down with them.

Showers were a rarity and I completely slacked on grocery shopping. The toddler tantrums were at their worst and I had to utilize my friends company to keep me sane. Point is, you don't know tired until you've played the solo parenting act.

But even through all the balancing and juggling, I always managed to maintain my home. With the exception of toys lying around, my home stayed in tip top shape. Which made me realize...husbands are far more work than children! Honestly.

In the 11 days my husband was away I did:

*2 loads of laundry
*emptied 2 bags of garbage
*ran the dishwasher ONCE

He's only been home for a short amount of time and I already feel like I have laundry coming out of my ears. Not to mention I'm constantly picking up after him and now resuming back to real dinners (which equals lots of dishes). I'm so happy to have him home but it has truly opened my eyes to the million roles that I play. I think I need a vacation!

No comments: