Monday, August 29, 2011

1st week of preschool

I'm a little behind on documenting Lucas' new preschool experience, but hey, I did just have a baby. If you read my birth story you know that I attended his first day with him...and we only left 30 minutes early. He did so much better than I ever imagined!

Upon arrival he placed his backpack and his sweater into his very own cubby. Then, he signed himself in! He even used the urinal, which I think is just too stinkin' cute!

The art project for the day was an adorable rainbow for all of the students to place their hands on. Lucas chose to paint his hand green, and then placed his print smack dab in the middle!

When he made his way to the play-doh table, I stepped away to see if he'd play solo. He did better than that...he taught his teacher and the students how to make snakes! Daddy and Lucas make snakes together all the time and he immediately decided to have the entire table make them, too!

They practiced sitting patiently during story and song times. He really liked hearing new songs that even I didn't know.

But of course, this is preschool and the kiddos had far too much energy! Teacher Lisa had them line up against the wall and they had races...both on foot and while crawling. That was an instant hit!

Daddy attended class with him on Thursday and he had just as much fun. Apparently Levi was quite the hit! It's not very common that the dads attend class so all of the children loved having him there. I heard that all of the little girls sat with him to read stories, and that he had every single child running laps around the playground playing follow-the-leader.

I'm so happy that Lucas was comfortable enough to play and venture off without shadowing either of us. I am still required to attend with him until he turns three in November, but I plan to sit back and watch as much as possible. I can't wait to see how this new experience changes Lucas for the better. He was definitely ready to go to big boy school!

No comments: