Friday, August 5, 2011

Mommy & Me Maternity

While Levi was in California, Lucas and I did a mini outdoor "Mommy & Me" photo shoot. There is a Facebook community page called Alaska's Talented Moms that supports local mother's business, and better yet, promotes buying local to help our economy. A few weeks ago they held an auction for the public to bid on products and services by many of the talented mothers here in town. A local photographer, AmerberLeigh Photography, had a few different sessions to bid on, including a maternity shoot. I was the starting bid at $30 and no other bids were placed after me. So, I won a session and all of the rights to the beautiful photos for such a steal! And you all know how much I love a great deal!

I was 35 weeks and 3 days along at the time. We met up at Campbell Creek, a park located only a few minutes from my house. Alaska sure offers some wonderful scenery! Here are a few of my favorite shots:







Each vendor was required to place one freebie item up for grabs in order to enter into the auction. I entered to win a newborn shoot from this same photographer, and a maternity shoot from another. Turns out I won the other maternity shoot, too! I was so thrilled because I feel in love with the work of Laf'n Photography but was sad that the only maternity shoot she was offering was located in the freebie section (which I'm sure tons of people tried to win). Trust me, it would have turned into an all out bidding war had there been one. I decided to use her for our family maternity pictures and I cannot wait to share them!! She went on vacation and won't be back for two more weeks, so looks like I have to be patient. Hopefully I get them back before baby is born, but considering all the contractions I've been having that may not be possible. I'll share them as soon as I can!

No comments: