Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Banana Pancakes

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day! Levi has been working non-stop lately and even continuing many jobs late into the evenings. He plans to take a few days off when baby arrives, so he's working to get in as many hours as he can now. But yesterday was just so nice that we decided to make it a family day and enjoy our little trio one last time before we are welcomed by a new little member.

When we woke up this morning it was pouring down rain. The weather here shifts so fast that you really have to take advantage of the good days. Levi left very early but Lucas and I woke up slowly and had breakfast together. I had multiple loads of laundry to fold so we locked ourselves in my room, turned on some Pandora, and got to folding.

The first song to begin playing was one of my absolute favorites: Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson. It was one of those moments where the universe seemed to be sending us a message...stay inside and have ourselves a nice and lazy day!

Can't you see that it's just raining
Ain't no need to go outside...
But baby, you hardly even notice
When I try to show you this
Song is meant to keep ya
From doing what you're supposed to
Like waking up too early
Maybe we can sleep in
I'll make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it's the weekend now

And we could pretend it all the time
Can't you see that it's just raining
Ain't no need to go outside

But just maybe, laka ukulele
Mommy made a baby
Really don't mind the breakfast
'cause you're my little lady
Lady lady love me
'cause I love to lay here lazy
We could close the curtains
Pretend like there's no world outside

And we could pretend it all the time
Can't you see that it's just raining
Ain't no need to go outside
Ain't no need ain't no need Mmmm MMmmm
Can't you see can't you see
Rain all day
And I don't mind.

The telephone is singing
Ringing it's too early
Don't pick it up
We don't need to we got everything
We need right here
And everything we need is enough
Just so easy
When the whole world fits inside of your arms
Don't really need to pay attention to the alarm
Wake up slow, yeah wake up slow
You hardly even notice
When I try to show you this
Song is meant to keep ya
From doing what your supposed to
Like waking up too early
Maybe we can sleep in
I'll make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it's the weekend now

And we could pretend it all the time
Can't you see that it's just raining
Ain't no need to go outside
Ain't no need, ain't no need
Rain all day and I really really really don't mind
Can't you see can't you see,
You gotta wake up slow

Lucas seemed to really like the song too and even laughed at the "mama made a baby" verse.

Thank you Jack Johnson. Advice taken.

4 comments:

Strolling Along said...

Aw love that song too. Sweet sway and good mood relax mood stuff. Do you like iron and wine? They are so relaxing. I am really into Tycho now as well. Hope all is well lady xoxo

Jacquie said...

Oh Crystal, that whole Jack Johnson C.D. reminds me of you! What a great day :)

Nancy said...

I love that song!! That CD is one I could play over and over all day long! Im glad Lucas likes it too :)

Crystal said...

I will definitely look into those bands! Jacq...I lost my Jack Johnson CD's. I need to get some new ones to play when baby gets here. Bob Marley and Jack Johnson are my baby soothers :)