Friday, August 19, 2011

Soft Start

We had Lucas' soft start day for Preschool this morning! Each student was scheduled a private 30-minute slot to have alone time with the teacher. This gives them the opportunity to get to know the teacher, explore the classroom, and for us parents to talk one-on-one and voice any concerns that we may have.

I think Teacher Lisa was very impressed with Lucas! She commented on his wonderful verbal skills and noted that he is very interested in his surroundings. He was very comfortable walking around and looking at all the activities, and even put his sweater up in his own little cubby! She said that we definitely made a good choice in putting him in school early because he was obviously ready.

I cannot believe my baby is starting school. It is such a bittersweet feeling. I am so excited to watch him explore and make new friends and learn a bit along the way. There are only 7 kids in his class at the moment (3 boys and 4 girls) but a few others will be starting at the end of the year once they turn 3. This sounds like a perfect transition to me!

So, Tuesday is his first official day! I will be absolutely devastated if baby comes then and I can't attend, but that'll mean daddy is required to take lots and lots of pictures :)

No comments: