Wednesday, December 15, 2010

BookRenter.com

If you know me...you know that I love a good deal. Saving money is very important to me and if I can find a way to make a little extra cash, I'm all for it! Last semester I was referred to a website called Book Renter and found that you can rent textbooks at a discounted rate, as opposed to purchasing them. The part I liked best was that the shipping is free- both to your home and when returning the books.

I highly recommend this site to anyone that is a student. If you don't have a desire to keep the book after the semester is over, its beneficial to save yourself the hassle of trying to resell it afterward. By using my link, you can save 5% on your order and I will also make $5 for the referral. I know it's not much, but every little bit helps!

You may also sell your old textbooks to them and they will still pay the shipping! I sold two books back last night and got $90 credit put on my account to use towards this semester. You may take a direct payment, but a small percent more will be added on if you opt to select the store credit option.

(Just a quick example, the university is offering one of my books for $114.25 New, $85.75 Used, or I can rent it from this site for $34.70! I cross checked every book we'll be needing next semester and can't believe how much we'll be saving!)

2 comments:

Nancy said...

How do you find all these cool programs? Keep the info coming! :)

Crystal said...

Because I have horrible luck! I'm serious. Last semester I ordered a book on half.com and it showed up late...and wasn't even the correct book! I was stressed out and already behind in statistics so I e-mailed everyone in my class to see if I could borrow their for a few days. The girl told me about this site and my book arrived in 2 days! (And saved me SOOO much money!) I'm happy something good came from that nightmare. lol