Tuesday, December 14, 2010

TOO COLD!

As much as I told myself I was going to be optimistic and excited about this winter...I'm not! It's not even Christmas time and I am already over this chilly weather.

Here are my top 10 reasons why: (not necessarily in order)

1. I weigh a whopping 110lbs (Don't say anything, I know. I try to gain weight but it just doesn't happen for me) I'm sure if someone turned to cannibalism and tried to eat me to survive...they'd still die of starvation.

2. I have horrible circulation. No matter how much money I spend on gloves, my fingers still get cold. Levi bought me a pair of Xtra Tough boots and when worn with wool socks there should be no room for complaint. Do you think it works for me? Absolutely not. I can keep my entire body nice and toasty, but my little fingers and toes just can't seem to hang.

3. I have horrible luck with ice. I can't even take the garbage cans down to the road without slipping and nearly spraining an ankle. I even fell when I was 9 months prego with Lucas. Definitely not safe.

4. I feel like a menopausal woman. I over heat so easily, so it's nearly impossible to get comfy. Layers are great, but a pain to keep removing and putting back on.

5. Going with the above statement, my car heats up too much that I usually end up turning the heat off all together and 80% of the time I forget to turn the nob back over to warm when I return home. So, when I auto start my car hoping it will be nice a toasty in time for us to leave, I usually find that ice cold air has been blowing into my car for 15 minutes. Talk about frustrating.

6. The sun reflects off of the snow so much that it literally blinds you. I think more people wear sunglasses here than in California.

7. It is an absolute pain in the butt to bundle up a child in snow gear. And I have three during the week. By the time we reach our destination, I'm already pooped.

8. Driving conditions are often difficult. I don't mind driving on snow so much any more, but black ice is a whole other story. And the worst part is having to worry about the other drivers on the road. Pretty scary at times.

9. My doors warp from the cold and it becomes difficult to open/shut them. For the majority of winter, my back door doesn't even open at all. (Let's hope we never have a fire and need to rush out of it.) Not to mention that the windows are icy and always condensating. Yuck

10. And finally, my ears ache. The wind and the cold bother my ears so bad that if I don't wear a beanie or ear muffs, my ears will sting and ache for hours. It's definitely not a pleasant feeling.


I know that my busy schedule plays a role into these feelings, as does the fairly depressed state I've been in. But considering I have months more to go in this winter wonderland, I need to make the best of it. I'm thankful that Lucas rarely complains and has a blast sledding and watching the snow fall. Even racing through the parking lots are often uncomfortable...but he sure seems to enjoy himself!

Lucas the red nosed toddler!

No comments: