Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Great things are happening!

Life is coming together beautifully for myself and my family and I feel absolutely blessed to be living this life of mine!

Firstly, as we just recently announced, our second child is on the way! I am so excited to square out our family and to give Lucas a younger sister or brother to love. I love being pregnant. I love babies. And I love my family! I am in complete bliss at this entire notion of expansion!

Secondly, I just received my acceptance letter to the School of Nursing!! I've been anxiously awaiting this notification and can now relax and plan out my next few years accordingly. A seat has been reserved for me May 7th for the Summer 2012 semester. Although it seems so far away, it's just a little over a year. But the best part is that I have been placed as an alternate on the waiting list for the Spring 2012 semester...which starts NEXT January! If any person drops from the program, I will be given the opportunity to start early! I will have completed all of my psychology minor classes by this end of this summer (Aug 20th) and am due just a few days afterwards to give birth. It couldn't have been planned out any better! So whether my baby is 9 or 5 months when I begin Nursing School, I will make the best out of our situation. I've already got myself a head start on some of the required classes, so the nursing semesters shouldn't be quite as demanding for me.

And finally, Levi and I have finished the drawings for our to-be home! When we moved to Anchorage 3 years ago, we originally wanted to buy ourselves land. Unfortunately, there was minimal land left in Anchorage and I wasn't too keen on the idea of venturing far out of the city. So, we purchased a home laking a permanent foundation structure on a private lot, in what I believe to be one of the best sides of town! We are walking distance to the Far North Bicentennial Park, which is miles and miles of forest and trails! (And some of our favorite hiking spots!) We also have a green belt behind our home, so no one will ever be allowed to built there. We live in a beautiful and quiet neighborhood that is also walking distance to an elementary school. To date, we have paid off 40% of our mortgage and have decided that its time to start the next phase...construction of our new home! With a little one on the way, we feel that it is now time to build the dream home that we designed together! (Well, more Levi, but I put in my two cents along the way!) We are beginning the first phases to obtaining a construction loan and are anxious to see where we stand. We have put a lot of heart and soul into this project already and I cannot wait to see it turn into a reality...even if it takes longer than we hope. I don't know if we'll be able to start before the baby comes, or where we will relocate to in the meantime, but we're prepared to take this one step at a time!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so happy for you babe. Keep us informed and take lots of pics of everything lol.

Nancy said...

I am so happy for you and Levi! It sounds lime things are coming together wonderfully! :)