Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Baby Moose

This is Baby Moose.

He is Lucas' security item, lovey, or whatever it is that you want to call an attachment item. In addition to his two blankets, baby moose never really leaves his side. He travels with us, and Lucas insists he be tucked into bed every night along side him. He has no problems sharing any of his other toys, but god forbid someone try to take his moose. It's not a pretty sight.

I've bragged about how wonderful and excited Lucas has been about his baby brother, but even this next event surprised me. After we set up the crib together in the nursery, (where he then asked why his baby brother was going to be kept in a cage!) Lucas insisted that Baby Moose needed to lay down in the baby's bed too. This was over a week ago, and Baby Moose is still there.

I've asked him twice every day (nap time & bedtime) if he wanted me to grab him for him, but his answer is always the same. His exact words..."I want to share him with my baby brother".

Can you say amazing?

He has already taken every single baby toy out of his room and moved them to the nursery, but for him to want to share his most prized possession absolutely melts my heart!

Lucas is going to make the best big brother EVER!!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

That is so adorable!! I cant wait till the baby comes to hear the cute stories to come! :)

Sara and Michael said...

That is the sweetest story ever! I think I may have even teared up reading that. Lucas is going to be an amazing big brother! You guys have done a great job raising that little guy! :)