Monday, July 11, 2011

Underwear & Homer

My boys decided to take a weekend trip to Homer, and that left me home all by my lonesome. But don't get me wrong...I definitely wasn't complaining! I am far too pregnant and uncomfortable to commute and didn't even want to think about being on a boat. I was perfectly content sitting home in silence.

As much as I told myself that this weekend would make an optimal time to get a few things done around the house without any distractions, I didn't do a single one of them. Instead, I lounged around in my underwear and a baggy t-shirt, ate, caught up on some shows, and slept! I did leave the house for about two hours on Sunday to attend the monthly birth network meeting, but I came home and immediately fell back into my lazy routine. It was great!

The guys, however, had a super busy weekend! They left Anchorage at about 1:30p on Saturday afternoon, drove nearly 5 hours to Homer and camped out in the back of the 4runner on the beach. They woke up nice and early on Sunday and went halibut fishing on the boat all day long. They maxed out on their limit and Lucas was even the first to catch a fish!

They originally planned on camping out again and driving home Monday morning, but Levi decided to get back home before the work week started up again. They left Homer a little after 6:00p and made it home a bit before 11.

Levi said that Lucas did absolutely fantastic the entire time! How in the world he managed to drive 4.5+ hrs each way with a toddler will never seize to amaze me. Sometimes I forget that Lucas is such an easy going kid. He said about half way through the trip Lucas asked to get out of the car and eat, but once they were done they kept movin' along. Lucas even did great on the boat too, but that wasn't as much of a surprise because he's always done fantastic on them. You'd think confining a toddler for 10 hours on the open sea would be difficult, but he really seems to enjoy himself. And best yet...the entire weekend was accident free! My child just doesn't have accidents, ever. I was nervous the drive would be too much for him, but that goes to show how much mama over analyzes things.

I asked Levi to take lots of pictures because I hated that I was missing out, but the camera died the moment they got there. Go figure. However, Levi was able to snap one of Lucas in the car...



...and then Lucas got to take one of daddy. I swear this kid is going to be quite the photographer when he gets older. He loves taking photos. He is so good at focusing on objects and people and they almost always turn out well.

I hope everyone had a great weekend doing whatever you did, or didn't do!

No comments: