Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Daddy is HOME!

Levi may have only been gone for 8 days, but it sure felt like forever. I am used to either him or myself traveling quite frequently, but this time around was a whole different story. I am usually just fine being on my own, but the week was definitely no walk in the park.

Being ultra prego comes with its own set of struggles…namely, exhaustion. The summer season has my child not wanting to sleep til nearly 10:30-11 at night, and I just cannot keep myself going that far into the evening. I did exactly what I told myself I wouldn’t do, and that was to throw Lucas in bed with me. I was worried I would create an awful habit just before the baby was born, but he has adjusted back to going down in his own room just fine. Crisis averted!

It may have been all the added stress of juggling everything on my own, but the entire time hubby was away I was a hormonal mess. It was all so new to me! I was never hormonal with Lucas, nor have I been this pregnancy. Crying on the drop of a hat completely threw me off guard and I’m sure my little brother thought I was losing my mind. In my defense however, it seemed like everything that could go wrong, did. One morning, on my birthday nonetheless, the toiled overflowed. And this wasn’t just a tiny flood- it continued pouring out with absolutely no sign of stopping. I was freaked, screaming, and bawling my eyes out as I watched my bathroom, laundry area and half of my kitchen fill with water. Thankfully things finally started looking better for me after that. I don’t think I could have taken any more past that point.

But now that daddy is home, everybody is happy! We just went and took family maternity photos last night and I cannot wait to get them back to share!! I just love these handsome guys of mine. And nothing makes me happier than to see Lucas in daddy heaven.

No comments: