Friday, July 22, 2011

Uncle Brian

My younger brother Brian has been up in Alaska for one week now. He got really sick a few days after being here and has been very under the weather, but Lucas has been enjoying his presence nonetheless.

Lucas sure loves his uncle! He especially loves having someone to splash, jump around with, and tackle!

We spent the morning at the park down the street and the kids sure played hard! Persuading Lucas to leave is always a difficult task but Brian sure had the trick. He got Lucas to believe that his shadow was chasing him so Lucas ran home laughing hysterically!

After nap we took a drive out to the Boardwalk at Potter's Marsh. We didn't see as much wildlife as I had hoped, but it was a gorgeous day and we got a good walk in.

It makes me so happy to see these boys together. It's always difficult living so far from my family, but I'm happy that Lucas takes to them all so well every time we're together. It's been a bit of an adjustment having a 15 year old boy to look after, but it's also been a big help. Lucas follows him around everywhere and I never have to load or unload him into his car seat anymore. It's like having my own personal babysitter on hand!

But the best perk is that he truly tires my little man out!

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

I love these pictures! Lucas is getting so big, aw