Sunday, July 10, 2011

Climbers

Before Levi and I got married I started getting into climbing a bit. I have these crazy long arms and legs, so it came pretty natural to me. There was an indoor climbing center back in California that wanted to sponsor me if I were willing to join their team. Unfortunately, I was too busy juggling two jobs and school and just didn't have any time in my schedule to add on any extra curricular activities.

Levi and I have been talking about it, and after the baby gets to be a few months and I get myself back into shape, we're gonna start climbing together! I'm really excited and can't wait to have a family activity to do that we are all very passionate about.

I went to the park with both my boys and was blown away by Lucas' recent advancements in climbing. Levi has been taking him and teaching him to climb up the ropes and nets for the past few weeks and Lucas is just so proud of himself. At a recent play date with the preschool group, he was flying up the netting like I couldn't believe. It was interesting to watch some of the older kids struggle and yet see this little 2.5 year old zipping past them. When I took Lucas and the little girl I watch to the park last week Lucas kept telling her "Watch me climb! My daddy taught me how to do this!" I love seeing him push himself and be rewarded with the sheer task once it's completed.

The local rock gym here looks pretty exciting and they offer various classes to get you started. I'm really looking forward to learning new skills and pushing myself to new limits.

No comments: