Thursday, July 28, 2011

Benihana Birthday


Last night Levi and I went out to celebrate my birthday at one of our favorite restaurants, Benihana! We have a Benihana birthday tradition and always go there in April for his, and July for mine. We signed up for the Birthday Club two years ago which gives us a free $30 coupon to be used anytime during the month of your birth. If you are not signed up for this club...I suggest you get on that right away!

Instead of sitting at the table and watching the chefs prepare our food (which we love to do), we decided to sit in the bar area. It was more intimate, and sitting at a booth was much more comfortable on my back. We got the tuna steak meal (which comes with all the yummy fixings), two full size sushi rolls, ice cream and an alcoholic drink (not for me, obviously!) for only $20!

My younger brother watched Lucas for the first time so that we could go together, and I was pleased to hear that he did so wonderful. I love dining with just my husband and myself. Sometimes we truly forget what it feels like to just be a couple and not classified merely as parents. We've decided to make more of an effort to have frequent date nights! I believe every couple needs some good old fashion alone time to keep that spark going.

3 comments:

Jacquie said...

I just signed up for it, haha. You two are the best parents I love you!

Chelsea Miller said...

i signed up last time you were here and i just got my coup today for my bday! woo im so stoked

Crystal said...

Thanks Jacquie! And enjoy that FREE dinner Chelsea...wish I could join you!