Wednesday, July 6, 2011

So so busy!

I feel like I haven't blogged in a while, and this is really disappointing to me. Life has been so hectic lately but we're all doing very well here. The weather has been fantastic and sitting home has been the last thing on my to do list. I even have a 10 page psychology paper due in 3 days that I haven't started. Eek! All this sunshine makes me happy, but sure puts my procrastination into over-drive.

Here's an update on our lives:

* Lucas is still potty trained! I swear, he must have been the easiest child in the world to train. We sure got lucky. He is now on his 22nd consecutive day of being accident free! We have never had to worry about poo and I can always rely on him to tell us when he needs to potty. Per his request, we have had to find restrooms in various stores and restaurants. I trust 100% that he'll inform us each and every time. He's such a big boy!

* I am now 33 weeks along in my pregnancy! Time is sure flying by and I can't believe how active this little guy is. We are getting so so anxious to meet him! I had an appointment with my midwife today and he is sure positioned low. It sure explains all the pelvic pain I've been having...that little head of his is practically grinding on my pelvic bones. I cannot believe I am due NEXT MONTH!

* We put a small dent into the nursery! Lucas now refers to it as the babies room rather than the office and he is so infatuated with the crib. After we finished putting it together he very seriously asked, "Mom, why are we putting my baby brother in a cage?" haha. It was priceless :)

* Summer midterm results are in: I got 98% on my Biomedical Ethics paper and 97% on my Psychology exam! Only 3 more weeks left of school. Yay!

* My mom's surgery went very well and she is now recovering at home. I hated being stuck here while she was in the hospital, but our fingers are crossed that it did the trick and we wont see any returning cancer cells. She's been such a trooper!

* We spent the 4th of July at the drag races (which resulted in my belly jiggling around like an earthquake...poor child) and then had a yummy BBQ at our house with some great friends. The weather was perfect and the salmon burgers we had were to die for! It was a great day.

* And finally, my brother is coming up for the remainder of the summer!! 8 weeks in Alaska? Every 15 year old boys dream come true. I'm so excited to spend some quality time with him and watch the bond between Brian and Lucas grow. Levi will have an extra set of hands to help with the yard work we're doing (building a new fence, leveling out the yard, etc) and we will have a live-in babysitter. Well technically he's staying in the trailer outside so I suppose he'll be more of a neighbor! But I am so excited to spend some quality time with Levi also before the baby comes and I think this trip will truly benefit my brother.

I vow to blog more frequently...so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

YAY!! I'm so glad to hear everything is going great for you guys and I am so blown away at how fast your pregnancy has gone! It wont be long and the little angel will be here!! Make sure Levi lets us know on faceboob asap!!! ♥♥♥♥