Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I survived!


These last few months have pushed and challenged me in all aspects of my life. I took on a class load that was insane for a normal person to do, all while juggling my duties as a wife, mother, & daycare provider. Not to mention the weeks on end that I could barely function because of awful morning sickness. I have been exhausted, stressed, and continuously pushing myself to keep up with children's activities and mingling with friends.

My hard work has all paid off and I am pleased to say that this semester is over! Grades have not been officially posted onto our transcripts yet, but I got straight A's and was able to maintain my 4.0 GPA! This semester was the largest struggle to date, but I have never been more proud of myself. Sure makes me feel like I can accomplish anything I put my mind to!

I have two courses to take this summer- Biomedical Ethics and Child Development. After this summer semester I will have successfully completed my Psychology Minor, and taken every course I possibly can towards my Bachelors, with the exception of Nursing School. I'm so happy I did this because I will now have a smaller class load than most of the other nursing students...which means more time at home with my boys!

And technically, I graduated this weekend with my Associates! I decided not to participate in the ceremony since I am still working diligently towards a higher degree, but it still feels nice to be considered a college graduate! The Office of the Registrar informed me that I can pick up my degree/diploma in a few short weeks. I'm curious to see what Honors I received, too!

I now have two weeks to myself where I don't have to think about school! I'm using this time to focus on my Doula certification and will be attending my 3-day workshop this weekend in Sacramento. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You're amazing!! Anytime I need to pump up my motivation I'm gonna think about you. You have so much going on and to pull that off with a 4.0 to boot I know I can do it too! (maybe not with a 4.0, but I can at least do it!)