Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sisters!

After looking back through a few of my mom's old photos for some of my Great Grandmother and myself, I couldn't help but set aside some adorable pictures of me and my sisters. My sister Amber and I are just a little over three years apart...fairly similar to what my boys will be. Pictures sure bring back memories and I just love reminiscing about my childhood! Weren't we just adorable?!

Growing up in a household of girls has me very excited and anxious to parent on the opposite spectrum. It'll be interesting to compare how different my boys' childhood will differ from my own. I hear boys are easier, so we shall see! As young children, Amber and I were night and day. I was the girly girl and she was the tom boy who loved tonka trucks and dirt! We didn't always get along, but we sure loved each other.

After my mom married, we became a trio! Life was definitely interesting with a house full of girls...especially as we all became pre-teens and had to fight over one bathroom!

I miss my sisters like crazy and realize how much so each time I return home. Amber recently moved back in with our mom, so we got to spend lots of quality time with her. Lucas really opened up and continuously asked me where Amber was and what she was doing. He especially liked sleeping in her bed, too! We also had a nice little dinner over at Amanda's new apartment where Lucas got to play with her pups and watch her gecko eat some worms. (Boy did he like that!) I hate living so far away, especially now that I am a mother. My boys deserve to spend time with their Aunties...and vise versa. I'm even more excited to move to Washington now knowing that we'll only be a short and inexpensive plane ride away. I love you sisters!

Looking back through these pictures has me really wanting a girl now! Lucas sure looks just like his daddy...I wonder if a daughter would look just like me?!

No comments: