Monday, May 2, 2011

My first "ME" weekend!

Since Levi's birthday was last Friday he decided that he wanted to go and visit with his Grandpa George in Port Allsworth for the weekend. We've been trying to take a trip up to visit for quite some time (considering its just a tiny plane ride away), but life has sure kept us busy this past year. I was shocked when Levi told me that he was taking Lucas along for the weekend, too! This was their first ever guys weekend, and my first extended time alone since Lucas has been born. Can you believe it?

I didn't get to talk to them much while they were gone, but they sure seemed to have lots of fun! They got to travel on a tiny little plane, ride 4-wheelers, throw rocks into the lake, roast marshmallows by the fire, sleep in a lodge, and play pool! Speaking with Lucas on the phone just blew my mind. He spoke so well and enthusiastically that I felt as if I were talking to a kid! Where did my baby go?!

I had from Friday evening to Monday morning all to myself! I didn't get a pedicure like I planned, but I did...
*Finish a book
*Catch up on all of my shows
*Got my hair done & eyebrows waxed
*Completed a bit of shopping
*Attended the Baby & Toddler Fair
*Backed up my iPhone
*Organized pictures
*Watched a sappy love story
*Ate Red Robin (which Levi never lets us do)
*Talked to my mom for hours
*Chatted with my sister for a bit
*Started my Father's Day project
*Took a final
*Blogged
*Slept in!
Now many of these things may not seem like a luxury to most, but as a busy mom and full time student...finding a peaceful and quiet moment to complete some of these tasks was great! I am so happy my boys had such a great time together and that I was given an opportunity to focus on myself for a few short days. Lucas and I are leaving for California on Wednesday, so this break couldn't have come at a more perfect time. I survived the semester and got to rejoice in quiet as a celebration! Not to mention the boys got some good quality time in together before I have to separate them for two weeks. I hope everyone else had a great weekend, too!

No comments: